Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a nonresident and I filed my taxes like 6 months ago, turbo said all taxes were accepted on here after just 5-6 days but I still didn’t received my federal help pls

I am continuously checking the where is my refund page on IRS but my federal is still waiting on received Is there anyway to get help with this?
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I am a nonresident and I filed my taxes like 6 months ago, turbo said all taxes were accepted on here after just 5-6 days but I still didn’t received my federal help pls

When you say you are a "non-resident" do you mean you are a non-resident alien?  If so, you were not supposed to use TurboTax.  TurboTax cannot prepare a 1040NR, which is the form a non-resident alien is supposed to use.  That may explain the long delay.   TurboTax does not receive any information from the IRS after your return has been filed and accepted for processing, nor can TurboTax intercede with the IRS to get any information now.

You can contact the IRS yourself to ask what is going on.

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday

When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 3 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

First off thank you for your answer, yes I am a non resident alien. (The form made by Turbotax says just 1040). I will try to follow these steps but I have a question my  federal didn’t arrive but my state tax did so could there be another problem because my friends filed their taxes the same way I did and they received theirs. Also I am not in US right now, I was there for work and travel program last summer so is there any other way to get in touch with the IRS about the issue? thank you for your time.

How do I speak to the IRS internationally?

https://www.irs.gov/help/contact-my-local-office-internationally

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies