john-esteban15

I am a California resident living in WA, I filed my income that I made in WA but accidentally put I am a resident of WA, how can I fix my file to say I am from CA?

I am a student living in Washington but I am a registered resident of California. when filing I accidentally said I was a resident of Washington. The IRS knows I am from California because they have my California address as well as my California drivers license on record. I already submitted my file, is there some way to change this error because now it looks like I was trying to evade my California resident tax which is going to be a minuscule amount anyway. I am happy to pay that tax, I just made an error when filing. Just trying to avoid future troubles. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

DanielV01

Yes, you can fix this by filing an amended California return to claim the correct residency.  Here is an FAQ to assist you with filing a state amended return:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/4653469

DanielV01