Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

LouK

I also have an issue with my refund

I would have thought that my refund comes from the US Treasury but it came from TPG PRODUCTS SBTPG LLC . Within my refund, I am missing some. I do not understand this but if this is not corrected, Turbo Tax stands to lose many customers. I would like to see my full refund. The difference is not that much, but multiply that by how many other customers they have that this may have happened to and they received a lot of money at the cost of customers. I hope that this was not intentional. 

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

When you use the Refund Processing service there is an extra charge for that.  The IRS sends your refund to the bank that handles the transaction (TPG Products), they deduct TurboTax fees from your Federal refund and then send you the remaining refund.  The bank charges the fee (39.99) not TurboTax.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

When you use the Refund Processing service there is an extra charge for that.  The IRS sends your refund to the bank that handles the transaction (TPG Products), they deduct TurboTax fees from your Federal refund and then send you the remaining refund.  The bank charges the fee (39.99) not TurboTax.

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

You chose the option to have your TurboTax fees taken out of your federal refund. The TurboTax fees, plus the processing fee for that service, is what was taken out. It was your choice. In the future, if you prefer to receive the full amount of your refund, pay your TurboTax fees by credit card instead of having it taken out of your refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies