Solved: I already filled out my taxes but I don't think I was supposed to receive the American opportunity credit, do I need to fill out a revised tax form

I already filled out my taxes but I don't think I was supposed to receive the American opportunity credit, do I need to fill out a revised tax form

I received a credit on my 2013 taxes of $1000 and I think you can't receive this for four years.  I have not sent my taxes in yet.  What should I do?

You are okay.  The American Opportunity Tax Credit, (AOTC) is four four full years. If 2013 was the first year that you received it, 2016 will be your last year to be able to claim the AOTC.