heston12345

How long will it take till I receive my check? I filed on January 24th.

Michelena

Once your return has been accepted (received) by the government, they take over the refund status update duties, since they hold the purse strings. What you are probably seeing as "accepted" is on the TurboTax site meaning your return was successfully sent to the IRS to be processed.

Until the IRS begins to process your return, they will not show any info on their site. Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after they receive your return. Even though they issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Use the following information to follow the status of your return with the IRS.

Where's My Refund?  tool includes a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved, and (3) Refund Sent. It also provides an actual personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. It doesn't show information about amended returns.

JNEjohnson05

Accepted on 1/24 and now it's March 14th and "still" being processed. It took this long last year too. Got the same letter this year. Does calling or trying to call help? Or do I just keep waiting?