angelxxwings21

How long does it take to get your refund in your bank once its released from the irs and the third party bank has it?

I filed back in Jan and I was told is get my refund on the 12th and its march 6th and still nothing. I called the irs and they said it was released and the 3rd party company has it. How long will it take to get my refund?

EdwardK

If you chose to pay TurboTax with your federal refund, once the IRS reviews and approves your federal refund, the amount is sent to a third-party, who processes the TurboTax fees and the remaining amount is deposited into the bank account you provided. The state refund(s) must be reviewed and approved and will be sent directly from the state department(s) of revenue (no third-party is involved).

Per the following Santa Barbara Tax Products Group link, https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084467-How-long-does-it-take-to-get-my-refund-:

"How does the Refund Transfer work?

Usually 1 to 2 days before a refund is scheduled to arrive, the IRS sends a pre-notification of the refund amount to TPG.  The IRS does not deposit the money at this time, but it is only a notification that the refund is on its way. We set up the disbursement upon receiving that pre-notification so that the money reaches the taxpayer on the same day it would have if the money was deposited directly from the the IRS into the taxpayer’s bank account."

Please review the following link(s) and the link(s) embedded on the webpage(s) for more information:

EdwardK

"How does the Refund Transfer work?