Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it take for your amended taxes to be paid out? and if i initially set up a direct deposit will the amended tax be deposited? also how can I track it?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How long does it take for your amended taxes to be paid out? and if i initially set up a direct deposit will the amended tax be deposited? also how can I track it?

First, did you PRINT and MAIL your amended return?  An amended return CANNOT be e-filed, the IRS requires that an amended return be PRINTED and MAILED.

Any additional  refund as a result of an amended return will be MAILED to you as a paper check.

Finally, an amended return can take 8-12 weeks to be processed after the IRS receives. your amended.return.

When mailing a printed return it is always a good idea to go to the Post Office and mail it 'Certified' with 'Return Receipt'.  That way you will have proof that they received it and when it was received.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

First, did you PRINT and MAIL your amended return?  An amended return CANNOT be e-filed, the IRS requires that an amended return be PRINTED and MAILED.

Any additional  refund as a result of an amended return will be MAILED to you as a paper check.

Finally, an amended return can take 8-12 weeks to be processed after the IRS receives. your amended.return.

When mailing a printed return it is always a good idea to go to the Post Office and mail it 'Certified' with 'Return Receipt'.  That way you will have proof that they received it and when it was received.

and the 1040X takes about 4 months to be processed. The IRS mails you a check for any additional refund.
0atmeal23

Yes, I printed the 1040x and mailed the w2 copy i forgot to add originally. I mailed it out on feb 9th
0atmeal23

Ok so the original return I will be getting direct deposited around the 22nd and the amount I forgot to add can take up to 12 weeks? Thank you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies