Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How I delete self employment. By mistake I filled "dance exhibition", but is already included in the 1099 Misc. info. Don't have schedule C, neither

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

How I delete self employment. By mistake I filled "dance exhibition", but is already included in the 1099 Misc. info. Don't have schedule C, neither

If you have a 1099-MISC form with income listed in Box 7 (non-employee compensation), the payer did not consider you an employee. Instead, they are treating you as a self-employed worker, also called an independent contractor. Therefore, you may need the Schedule C to enter any related expenses to the 1099-MISC.

If you are sure you do not need the Schedule C and would like to delete self-employment, you can delete the Form Schedule C in the Delete a Form section of TurboTax:
    Login to TurboTax online    
    Click Take me to my return   
    In the upper right corner, click "My Account > Tools".   
    In the pop-up window, select "Delete a form".    
    Click "Delete" next to the Schedule C and follow the instructions to remove the form/schedule.

If you are interested in downgrading your TurboTax version from Self-Employed to a lower version, you can do so by using the Clear and Start Over feature as long as your return is still in progress and has not been registered. If you do not have any expenses and you have a form 1099-MISC with income in box 7, you may be able to use one of the lower versions. See directions below that explain how to use the Clear & Start Over feature:

Sign in to TurboTax Online and open your return by clicking the orange Take me to my return button.
    With your screen maximized, click My Account (at the top of your screen toward the right) and select Clear & Start   Over. (If on a tablet or phone, you may find the Clear & Start Over option by clicking the three parallel lines, or “hamburger”, in the top left corner.)
    Answer Yes to Are you sure you want to clear your return?
   After your entries have been cleared out, we'll prompt you to select a TurboTax product so you can start over from the very beginning.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300284
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies