Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

bd1275

How do I tell if my refund is going to be held til the 15th

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
MollsBBU

The IRS will begin to release Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)/Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) refunds starting Feb. 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit.

Where's My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app will be updated with projected deposit dates for early EITC/ACTC refund filers a few days after Feb. 15. Taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund? ?or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund.

For more information, please see: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

To check if you are affected:

You may reference your completed tax form to see any EIC or ACTC amount you may have received. 

Please note: you will need to be on a browser rather than the mobile app to do this.

To reference a return you have already e-filed using TurboTax Online products, 

• Sign in to TurboTax Online, 
    • If you're unsure of what account you used, you may use this Account Recovery Tool to check your email address. TurboTax will email you with all tied userID's and you will have the opportunity to reset your password.
  • Click My TurboTaxMy Tax Timeline
  • In the 2016 section, under "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO", click Download/ print return or Download all forms and worksheets
To reference a return you have already filed using TurboTax Desktop products, please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions.

Then, you may find your EIC amount depending on which Form you are filing (look for 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ):

• 1040EZ: Reference line 8a
  • 1040A: Reference line 42a
  • 1040: Reference line 66a
  • 1040X: Reference line 14

And, you may find your ACTC amount the same way:

• 1040EZ: This form doesn't support the ACTC so you wouldn't have this credit if you filed with 1040EZ
  • 1040A: Reference line 43
  • 1040: Reference line 67

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MollsBBU

The IRS will begin to release Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC)/Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) refunds starting Feb. 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or debit cards until the week of February 27 -- if there are no processing issues with the tax return and the taxpayer chose direct deposit.

Where's My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app will be updated with projected deposit dates for early EITC/ACTC refund filers a few days after Feb. 15. Taxpayers will not see a refund date on Where's My Refund? ?or through their software packages until then. The IRS, tax preparers and tax software will not have additional information on refund dates, so Where’s My Refund? remains the best way to check the status of a refund.

For more information, please see: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

To check if you are affected:

You may reference your completed tax form to see any EIC or ACTC amount you may have received. 

Please note: you will need to be on a browser rather than the mobile app to do this.

To reference a return you have already e-filed using TurboTax Online products, 

• Sign in to TurboTax Online, 
    • If you're unsure of what account you used, you may use this Account Recovery Tool to check your email address. TurboTax will email you with all tied userID's and you will have the opportunity to reset your password.
  • Click My TurboTaxMy Tax Timeline
  • In the 2016 section, under "SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO", click Download/ print return or Download all forms and worksheets
To reference a return you have already filed using TurboTax Desktop products, please see this TurboTax FAQ for instructions.

Then, you may find your EIC amount depending on which Form you are filing (look for 1040, 1040A, or 1040EZ):

• 1040EZ: Reference line 8a
  • 1040A: Reference line 42a
  • 1040: Reference line 66a
  • 1040X: Reference line 14

And, you may find your ACTC amount the same way:

• 1040EZ: This form doesn't support the ACTC so you wouldn't have this credit if you filed with 1040EZ
  • 1040A: Reference line 43
  • 1040: Reference line 67

bd1275

How do i do that
MollsBBU

Please read the updated answer above.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies