@scotwell63 asked: "How do I print my filed 2021 Federal tax return?"
If you efiled, has it been accepted for processing? If so, the PDFs I mention below will also have the Electronic Postmark showing when your return was accepted by the IRS.
I'll tell you a way that will allow you to choose from various size PDFs. Commonly the PDF available at the Tax Home will not have all the worksheets until later in the year. But here's an alternative way to get various PDFs (including the larger PDF) by opening the filed return back up to download/print at the Print Center inside the return. I usually save 2 PDFs--a PDF of just the return as filed, and another PDF with the return and all the worksheets.
NOTE: When you open your return back up, do not make any changes in it since it's already been filed. If you later have to amend the return, it has to start off exactly as it was when it was originally filed.
- Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents" for 2021, look for a link "Add a State."
- Click on "Add a State." (you don't really add one. That's just to open your return back up.)
- After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.
- Then choose "Print, save, view this year's return."
- The next screen should offer some options: "Just my tax returns", or "include government worksheets (optional)", or "include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)"
- The latter has the most pages.
NOTE: Remember all PDF tax documents and tax data files are very sensitive files, since they contain your personal ID info, financial data, and possibly bank account numbers, etc. Be sure to store them safely and securely to guard against computer theft, hacking, etc.
To access your current year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/
Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show. Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)
When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state.
This will take you back to the 2021 online tax return.
Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen. Then click on Print Center. Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return. Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets