turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

memeyp

How do i look up my w-2?

i no longer work for this company and i don't have any way of contacting them. there must be some way to search for my w-2.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

How do i look up my w-2?

If you are trying to file a return & you don't have your W2, you can enter your info into the W-2 section Federal Taxes tab, Wages & Income, Wages and Salaries, Start or Update (estimating income and withholding taxes as accurately as possible). On Do Any of These Apply to this W-2? screen check the  box to check "I did not receive a W-2 from (company name) and need to complete a substitute form."  then TurboTax will fill out the substitute W-2 form (4852) and include it with your return.  You will have to mail in your return, you cannot e-file with the 4852 form.
http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=106470,00.html

If you are looking for W2's for returns you filed, TurboTax does not have copies of W2's, just the information entered into the return.  If you are looking for your W2 for 2011 you can sign back into your return, choose Continue a Return and to see the information entered from your W2, for the Home & Business version click on the Personal tab, Personal Income, Explore on My Own, W-2 Income, click Update.

You can get W2 information from the IRS, see the following for information
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc159.html

How do i look up my w-2?

Do you need to enter a W2 you didn't get?  What to do if you are missing a W2.  
<a href="http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=106470,00.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=106470,00.html</a>

Note you can not efile with form 4852 in your return.

To enter your estimates for wages and taxes:
Use the Enter Your W-2 screen to enter estimates of all wages you earned (or payments made to you) last year from this employer.  Also include estimates of how much you paid in federal, state, and local taxes.  Essentially, you're trying to re-create your W-2 based on the best information you have available on hand (pay stubs, bank statements, etc.)

To prepare a substitute W-2 Form 4852:
After entering our W-2 estimates in Turbo Tax, click Continue. In the Do Any of Theses Apply to This W-2? screen, select the I did not receive W-2 from my employer and need to complete a substitue form checkbox, then select Continue.

How do i look up my w-2?

i have 3 employers that i worked for in 2019 that i didnt receive a w2 from. how  do i get those w2s so i can file my taxes? all i have is the name of the companies i worked for.

How do i look up my w-2?

how can I get w2 from employer Mcdonalds, I have received one, no longer work ther

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How do i look up my w-2?

You would need to reach out to your former employer. 

Even though you no longer work there, they would still be obligated to provide you a copy of your w-2. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

How do i look up my w-2?

I want to look up my w-2 from my old job when i was working at Popeye's i nvere had got it

How do i look up my w-2?

Read the previous answers.  Contact the employer for a copy.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies