turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know if my return has been processed? I need to amend the 2017 return and it said online I cannot do this until my return has been processed.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CathyB

How do I know if my return has been processed? I need to amend the 2017 return and it said online I cannot do this until my return has been processed.

You can check the status of your return (pending, accepted or rejected) by logging into your TurboTax account or using the e-file status lookup tool. A link is provided below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

If you need to amend to claim more of a refund, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks).

Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
CathyB

You can check the status of your return (pending, accepted or rejected) by logging into your TurboTax account or using the e-file status lookup tool. A link is provided below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319882

If you need to amend to claim more of a refund, the IRS says to wait until you've received your original refund before filing an amendment. Once you've received your original refund, feel free to cash or spend it while your amendment gets processed (this can take 12–16 weeks).

Three weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies