Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I know if I need to send a paper copy to finish filing taxes for the state of New York? I was told I need to, but can't find the info on Turbo Tax

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I know if I need to send a paper copy to finish filing taxes for the state of New York? I was told I need to, but can't find the info on Turbo Tax

see the NY revenue website to get the mailing address for paper filing.

@alice-bacani 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you e-filed, you don't need to mail anything.   Sign into your TurboTax Online account and check the status of your state return?    What does it say for your NY tax return?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
LindaS5247
Expert Alumni

Did you e-file?  If you did, you do not need to send a paper copy.  Did you print your return?  Does the coversheet that prints with your tax return that has TurboTax on top state that you have to mail a copy of your return?  If you have to mail it, it should have printed the address on the coversheet that you need to mail it to.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies