Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change the state in an INT form? I'm getting an invalid zip error, but it's the state that's incorrect. I can't change the state, only the zip, which is correct.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

How do I change the state in an INT form? I'm getting an invalid zip error, but it's the state that's incorrect. I can't change the state, only the zip, which is correct.

Try deleting the 1099-INT and entering it again. Follow VolvoGirl's suggestions for how to enter it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You don't need to enter the state or address on a 1099 INT form.  Only the bank name and amount.  Don't enter the bank name and don't try to import it.  It is just as fast and easy to manually enter it.  At the bottom pick Change How I enter my Form

Then on the next screen pick I'll Type it in Myself

You shouldn't need to enter an EIN or address.  Just enter the name.

Thanks. Unfortunately, Turbo Tax has flagged this during review and won't let me file until it's corrected. I may have mistyped it when I entered the form myself, but maybe not--I don't actually see it anywhere in the form. But it definitely has an "additional payer and recipient information" section that has a mismatch between the state and zip. It's the state that's wrong, but I can only edit the zip. I can't see it in the form itself, but it keeps getting caught in the review.  

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

Try deleting the 1099-INT and entering it again. Follow VolvoGirl's suggestions for how to enter it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies