Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

simplex19

How do i change my self-employment deferral tax status? i accidentally picked the deferral and it wont let me change... i havn't filed yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do i change my self-employment deferral tax status? i accidentally picked the deferral and it wont let me change... i havn't filed yet.

I am having the same problem.  During the review process, it made me fill out a worksheet and now it won't let me choose to not defer the self employment tax payments.

JamesG1
Expert Alumni

Your self-employment income may be eligible for a portion of your self-employment tax to be deferred.  See this TurboTax Help.

In TurboTax Online Self-Employed, I was able to enter a self-employment tax deferral and pass Review.  Then I was able to remove self-employment tax deferral and pass Review.

Follow these steps.

• Down the left side of the screen, click on Federal.
  • Across the top of the screen, click on Deductions  & credits.
  • Under Your tax breaks, scroll down to Self-employment tax deferral.
  • Click on Edit/Add to the right of Self-employment tax deferral.
  • At the screen Do you want more time to pay your self-employment tax?, click Yes.
  • At the screen Let's start by getting your eligible income, leave the dollar amount you previously entered.
  • Click on Continue.
  • At the screen Tell us how much you'd like to defer, change the dollar amount to $0.
  • Click Continue.
  • Click through Federal Review to make sure than the Review issue has been removed.
  • At the screen Some of your self-employment taxes may be eligible, click Skip.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @JamesG1  !  That worked for me.   I've been having an issue on the website where I couldn't get the Needs Review to go away for one of my income sources.  When I used the app on my phone it had me fill in some worksheets and that's when the issue started.  Now it's back to the way it should be.

simplex19

I actually had to delete the form from the left side scroll down and re-eneter and it finally cleared

torgy101

which form did you delete?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

This would be the Schedule SE.  Refer to the following Help Article for assistance with deleting forms:  How do I view and delete forms in TurboTax Online?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies