Here's the general procedure for viewing the forms list and deleting unwanted forms, schedules, and worksheets in TurboTax Online:
- Open your return in TurboTax. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax, and select Take me to my return.)
- In the left-side menu, select Tax Tools > Tools.
- In the pop-up window Tool Center, choose Delete a form.
- Select Delete next to the form/schedule/worksheet in the list and follow the onscreen instructions.
Tips and tricks
- Need to remove a business that transferred over from last year? Find out how to properly remove it.
- To delete a form that came in the mail (for example, W-2, 1098, or 1099) it's best to do it from that form's Summary screen. Search for the form number (for example, W-2) and select the Jump to link in the search results to get to the Summary screen.
- You can't delete Form 1040. That would be like yanking the foundation out from under a building. If you want to get rid of the information you've entered, you can clear your return.