isharyn60

How do I change direct deposit information

On the How would I like to get my refund, the bank information is from 2015 tax return.  It will not let me uncheck this box to change my bank information.  How can I fix this.
Heather14

If you have not already e-filed your tax return you can see the following TurboTax FAQ for information on how to get to the area of your return to enter/change your bank account information.  Once you are in the proper area of your return to make changes to your bank account information you can see the instructions listed at the bottom of the answer to assist you in changing any account information that transferred from the prior year return. 

• If you want to change or edit the banking information that is shown, make sure that the box stating "I want my refund deposited into this account" is unchecked.
  • Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Continue.
  • You will be taken to a new screen titled, "Let's get your bank account info"
  • This will allow you to enter the new or updated banking information that is to be used for your 2016 direct deposit.