Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jkekauoha

How do I cancel a completed amended return? I had to make an address correction only to original form and completed an amend but didn’t have to, can it be cancelled?

I filed by mail but still haven’t sent them out but needed to change address only.  However, I started and completed an amended form to change address but to needed because I haven’t mailed original return yet. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How do I cancel a completed amended return? I had to make an address correction only to original form and completed an amend but didn’t have to, can it be cancelled?

You weren't suppose to click on Amend to go back in to make changes.  You should have clicked on Add a State to let you back into your return. If you clicked on the amend button to fix the rejected return you need to delete it. .  How to delete an Amended return in the Online version

How do I cancel or undo an amended return in TurboTax Online?

Then did you change anything besides the address?  Make sure you put your return back to the original.  

If that link is wrong, they changed a lot of links and I can't find a new one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies