Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I amend my 2022 return

I got an snail mail recently from one of the bank saying they are under calculated my interest and they will send me an corrected 1099 later for year 2022. I try to go into the 2022 turbo tax and amend my return. After correct the bank interest amount and go through the whole process. At the end of Smart Check, it say Form 1040, schedule 1,  schedule 2, schedule B etc... available to file by mail and available to e-file ready soon. I click the online update to check, the software is up to day. Am I doing something wrong? Please advise. Thanks.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

A 2022 federal amended tax return, Form 1040-X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS when using TurboTax.  In the File section of the program select File by Mail and Not E-file.

I don't see the option of file by mail. Under the File section, it only have New tax return, Open tax return, Save, Save as, Password, Save to PDF, Remove State Return, Import, Remove Import Data, Print, Preview, Electronic Filing, Sign in, Exit. When I did a preview, the form is stil 1040 not 1040x. Only the data change.

Using the TurboTax desktop editions for tax year 2022 to file a tax return you need to click on the File tab on the top right of the desktop program screen.

If you did not start an amended tax return, then remove any changes you have made to the tax return that was filed.

To amend the 2022 tax return using the TurboTax desktop editions -

Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home & Business)

Click on Other Tax Situations

Under Other Tax Forms

On Amend a return, click on the start button.

After I click the start button, it go to the page said "The Amended Return Area Will Be Ready Soon" "You've done a great job starting your taxes early, but the IRS is still working on finishing up the Amended Return are (Form 1040X) for 2022. That means this area isn't quite ready yet. Underneath the is a link "Email me when this form is ready", I click and fill out my email address and I got a email back the form is ready, but the software is up to date? Why?

If you are using the 2022 TurboTax desktop edition for Windows, check the version that you are using.

Click on Help at the top of the desktop program screen.

Click on About TurboTax

With the About TurboTax window opened, click on the Version tab.

The current 2022 version is 022.000.0934

If this is the version you are using, save the tax return and then close the TurboTax program.  Then re-start your computer.

After the computer has re-started, open the TurboTax program.  Does the problem with the Amended Tax return still exist?

My desktop version is 2022 Premier version 022.000.0198. I restart the machine anyway. But, it is the same thing. Same message "The Amended Return Area Will Be Ready Soon"

@slamny wrote:

My desktop version is 2022 Premier version [phone number removed]. I restart the machine anyway. But, it is the same thing. Same message "The Amended Return Area Will Be Ready Soon"

You will need to contact TurboTax support for this issue.

Support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

See this TurboTax support FAQ for contacting support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/account-management/turbotax-phone-number...

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies