Sign Up

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

How do I amend a return that has not been filed?

1 Reply
Expert Alumni

How do I amend a return that has not been filed?

If your return has not been filed, you do not need to file an amended income tax return.  

If you need to make changes to your return prior to filing your Income Tax Return, the only way to get back into the return is to follow the instructions below.  You are not really adding a state, you are just telling the program that you want to so that you can open the return and make the corrections you really need to make.

  • Log in to your TurboTax Online Account 
  • From the Overview page Click on My TurboTax 
  • My Tax Timeline 
  • In the Some things you can do area Select Add a state

 This will let you back into your Return to make corrections and file it.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings