Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Judync
Returning Member

How do I add the 1040-X to a rejected amended fed/state returns?

I  have been search for hours on how to add the 1040-X to both fed/state amended returns? I forgot to add the 1040-X now I can't delete the returns or add the 1040-X. I'm stuck and can't print or anything.  Thank you.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

What?  The 1040X is the federal amended return.  You didn't get a 1040X?  Then you did not amend right.  Was your first original return Accepted?  You should not amend until the first return is done processing and you get the first refund or pay the tax due.

if your original return was never accepted, you can not file an amended return. you will be filing an original return so the 1040-X will not be included. if you ate trying to amend for the Unemployment Compensation exclusion, the IRS does not want an amended return. it'll do the refiguring.

Judync
Returning Member

1) Are you saying that I should wait to file the 1040-X until I receive a request to file an amended return from the Federal Gov.? I received an item in the mail after I had already filed my 2019 taxes. In speaking with my attorney, I was advised to go ahead and file an the amended return(s) to avoid paying late fees.

2) I accessed my 2019 Taxes on TurboTax and amended the return, however I forgot to add the 1040-X to the amended return, and the Federal tax was rejected, because they said it was a duplicate.

So my question is: I have tried many times to "FIX" my returned federal/state but I haven't been able to add the 1040-X and resubmit my amended file. I can't even reprint it or delete it and redo it.

Perhaps I didn't explain well enough the first time.

Thank for your reply.

Judync
Returning Member

Thank you for your reply. I did my 2019 taxes early this year, and received an item after I had already filed. My question was pertaining to an error I made by forgetting to attach the 1040-X to the submitted amended return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies