turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oct 16 is the IRS deadline–file confidently with expert help. File Now
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I add a W-2 to my taxes I filed a few days ago with TurboTax?

1 Reply
New Member

How do I add a W-2 to my taxes I filed a few days ago with TurboTax?

The only way to correct a return that has already been filed is by filing an Amended Tax Return Form 1040-X.

You should wait to get the acknowledgement that your original efile is accepted.

If for some reason it gets rejected you can correct the efile error, make any other corrections and re-submit it.

If the original efile is accepted you have to go through the Amended Return process, make any necessary corrections, print it out and mail it in.

Unfortunately, the IRS will not accept an amended return by efile.

The IRS website says that it will take up to 16 weeks to process amended tax returns.


message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies