Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

goose2114

How can i track my federal income tax refund for 2016

how can i track my federal income tax refund for 2016 after i filed them

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BethanyJ

You can track your federal refund by going to the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

View solution in original post

3 Replies
BethanyJ

You can track your federal refund by going to the IRS website: https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

I receive my first check on my 2016 federal tax returns but I had another $1500 check that I was waiting on that I never received I can’t remember my state or my Federal but I got my big check first and I was waiting on my smaller check and never received it in the mail just seeing if you got lost or what happened to it

@Sethdale00 

2016?   You have waited a long time time to start looking for your refund if you still have a refund coming.  How long ago did you file 2016?

Federal and state refunds do not arrive together, since they come from completely separate entities.  But you do not seem to know which refund you even received--federal or state.  They are not paid in "installments" so if one of your refunds was $1500, that was all of one of them.

So start by looking at your actual tax returns to see what the refunds were supposed to be as shown on the tax forms.  Once you file your tax return, TurboTax does not get any information from the IRS or state, so no one at TT knows what happened to your tax refund.  Do you even know if  the state return was accepted?  When you look at your TT account for 2016 does it say your state was accepted, or does it show that your state was rejected, or "ready to mail?"  A state return cannot be e-filed unless your federal return is e-filed and accepted, so it is safe to assume your federal return was accepted. 

But which refund did you receive?  We cannot see your returns so we do not know how much you should have received for either of your returns.

If the state return was not filed successfully, you can still print, sign and mail it in.  If it was filed but you did not receive the refund, then contact the state to ask about it.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901670-how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies