Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How can I print my returns when every time I try to print my returns, TurboTax quits? I cannot print to a printer. I can not save as a PDF.

@Thehammers1 wrote:

Ok, but if it's not online, but from the CD, what can I do?

My printer works, I can create pdfs in all my other programs. As soon as I try to preview or print the returns, the program stops woring.

Please also watch your other thread you started. I've asked someone to assist you there.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-turbo-tax-cd-can-t-print-or-create-a-pdf/01/16...

How can I print my returns when every time I try to print my returns, TurboTax quits? I cannot print to a printer. I can not save as a PDF.

printer does not respond to tubotax print command. It prints anything else I choose tom print

Will not print print preview

@ 3124gracefieldrd wrote:
printer does not respond to tubotax print command. It prints anything else I choose tom print

Will not print print preview

Not much information to go on.  I'll assume you are using desktop software.   Is it the version for Mac or Windows?

Or if you're using Online TurboTax, then you'll need to explain more.

Peterkz

When I try to Print my return or Preview from TurboTax 2021 with version 12.3.1 of the MacOS on my iMac (2017), TurboTax shuts down instantaneously. When I try to Save to PDF no file is created. I had no problem doing this 6 weeks ago when I was still on Monterey 12.2.1. Also, I have no problem Printing or Saving when I used a different Mac running MacOS 12.1. And now I cannot reprint my 2020 return from TurboTax 2020 either. Six hours on the phone with TurboTax support, including two remove/reinstalls, and no resolution. I’m convinced there is a conflict between the current release version of Monterey and TurboTax.

@Peterkz wrote:

When I try to Print my return or Preview from TurboTax 2021 with version 12.3.1 of the MacOS on my iMac (2017), TurboTax shuts down instantaneously. When I try to Save to PDF no file is created. I had no problem doing this 6 weeks ago when I was still on Monterey 12.2.1. Also, I have no problem Printing or Saving when I used a different Mac running MacOS 12.1. And now I cannot reprint my 2020 return from TurboTax 2020 either. Six hours on the phone with TurboTax support, including two remove/reinstalls, and no resolution. I’m convinced there is a conflict between the current release version of Monterey and TurboTax.

Sorry you're having trouble.  I don't use a Mac, but I'll see if I can summon @macuser_22 to look at your situation later today and possibly offer a suggestion.

@mesquitebean wrote:

@Peterkz wrote:

Sorry you're having trouble.  I don't use a Mac, but I'll see if I can summon @macuser_22 to look at your situation later today and possibly offer a suggestion.

Not an issue that I have heard about before and I and  not on Monterey.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Judyzee

I found a fix online.  Turn off your router for a minimum of two minutes.  Then reboot it.  Once your system is back up everything with print.  Amazing!

Help printing

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ if you are having printing issues.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax  
@print my trturn 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies