Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I get my refund for State tax return, when I already paid for Turbo Tax -- they took whole payment and I wanted to apply portion from State refund? Not yet filed

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How can I get my refund for State tax return, when I already paid for Turbo Tax -- they took whole payment and I wanted to apply portion from State refund? Not yet filed

Hello VolvoGirl,

Thank you for responding to me!  Yes, I eventually figured it out -- I thought that the software was somewhat user unfriendly when it came to the final steps of the process.  I appreciate your reminding me that the State refund could not be used toward the Turbo Tax fees -- and that was really my initial issue since no option was offered to do what I wanted to do.  Thanks to you, I was able to get through it and have my taxes filed.

With much gratitude,

Miraclelady

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Sorry not following you.  You will get the full state refund.  You can only have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from a federal refund.  And Federal and state refunds come separately from different places at different times. 

Hello VolvoGirl,

Thank you for responding to me!  Yes, I eventually figured it out -- I thought that the software was somewhat user unfriendly when it came to the final steps of the process.  I appreciate your reminding me that the State refund could not be used toward the Turbo Tax fees -- and that was really my initial issue since no option was offered to do what I wanted to do.  Thanks to you, I was able to get through it and have my taxes filed.

With much gratitude,

Miraclelady

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies