satsukinoane

How can I fix the problem of my fed form filled by turbotax checking the box that says "Someone can claim your spouse as a dependent"? I want to uncheck that box!

DawnC0

Click on My Info on the left-hand side of the screen.  Scroll down to your husband's name and click on Edit.  Then scroll down and change your answer to Question #3 to NO.   See attached.  

satsukinoane

The problem is that there is no 2nd or 3rd question showing up!  Only the legal blindness question pops up and that's it!  No dependent question is visible at all!  Due to this problem, I can't file my tax!!!
DawnC0

Try deleting him and re-adding him to the tax return as your spouse - make sure he isn't listed as a dependent instead of spouse.  
satsukinoane

I did delete him and readded him after I navigated into other sections just to be safe.  But the same problem persists.  I now believe that there is a bug that does not show 2nd and 3rd questions about the spouse on Mac computers.  I am up to date in terms of my computer's system: I use the Mojave operating system and Chrome, which are regarded as excellent.  Probably "Yes" to the 3rd question is default marked by turbotax.  Unless I can see the question, there is no way for me to fix it.  I have been struggling on this one issue for hours.  I can'[t file my tax return because once I file the form, the information will be stored online and I will have the same problem into the future years whenever I use turbotax.