Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

tyler58
Returning Member

Honor discount

Hi TurboTax,

I filed my federal and state tax returns using TurboTax premier and "Perks at Work." Perks at Work said Premier would cost $74 for Federal, but when I filed, TurboTax charged me the full $89.

Would you please honor the discount and refund me $15 to the original payment method? My order is attached.

Thank you!2.png1.png

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Honor discount

I've never heard of Perks at Work, but I'd think this would be categorized as an affiliate partner discount.  That said, these discounts are available when the user accesses TurboTax through the partner's website.  So if "Perks at Work" has a website, you'd have needed to access TurboTax THROUGH that website to receive the discount.  See the info I'm linking below.

How do I get my TurboTax affiliate partner discount? 

If you still want to pursue a refund of the price difference, you'd need to contact TurboTax Customer Support  using the info I'm linking below.  When you enter your topic, don't use the word "refund".  Instead, use the words, "billing issue."

What is the TurboTax phone number? 

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
tyler58
Returning Member

Honor discount

Thanks Kat for your reply and for volunteering where TurboTax should be providing customer support.

I did click "Start for Free" on the Perks at Work website, and it directed me to TurboTax, where I paid full price out of frustration.

I won't be calling TurboTax and sitting in that queue for $15 (they should have email customer support). Next year I'll make up the difference with FreeTaxUSA.com.

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

Honor discount

@tyler58 Boo for TurboTax in this instance.  I don't blame you for avoiding Customer Support, but that's all I have to offer.

I will see what I can do from another source.  If I only had the POWER.....  😉

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies