turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How long does it usually take to get refund if I had to fax my 1095a in to IRS after I had already E-filed my taxes??

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How long does it usually take to get refund if I had to fax my 1095a in to IRS after I had already E-filed my taxes??

Historically, not very long.  As long as you followed the instructions and submitted everything requested by the IRS, the turn around time is usually just a few days or up to a week or so.  However, keep in mind this year everything is moving a bit slower than years past so it's hard to say for sure.

Continue to Check the site here https://www.irs.gov/refunds

beltran1-

I waited 21 days for my refund, on the 21st day I called IRS, I was informed I had to send in my 1095a with 8962 form, i faxed it on April 5th, on April 17th I called and was told they had recieved it to allow 6 to 8 weeks processing time. On 4/26 tax topic 152 was added on wmr.Next day 4/27 i had 2 bars and a refund date of 5/1. So i would say 4 weeks is average time from start to finish.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies