krfoo

Hi there. I'm looking to access some of my prior year (2016) w-2s, 1099, and other supporting worksheets, but can only get the completed return.

TurboTax does not have a copy of the W-2 or Form 1099.  It would have W-2 and Form 1099 worksheets that included the tax data from the forms that were entered.  The worksheets would be included in the PDF of the tax return if you downloaded the PDF to include All forms and worksheets in the tax year the return was completed.  

When you sign onto to your online account using the exact same user ID you used to create, complete and file the 2016 tax return you will land on the Welcome Home screen.  Click on My TurboTax at the top left of the program screen.  This will take you to the 2016 Timeline.  Under the section Some things you can do:  Click on Download all forms and worksheets