junfengh

Hi there, I just received another W2 from my previous employer that forgot about, but I already filed the tax return. What should I do?

junfengh

This new W2 is for my Retirement acct, which was $1036, I left that job in Texas and left the retirement money in that acct, I never cashed it out. Now I am working in WA and a different job. I am surprised to receive this W2 because I did not expect retirement account would send me a W2. Do I need to file this W2 from retirement?
ErinH

Do you have entries in boxes 1-6 of the W-2?
junfengh

Yes, there is numbers in all of the boxes 1-6.
ErinH

Since you have already filed you will need to wait until the IRS either rejects or accepts your return.  If your return is rejected, you will be able to go into your account and make the necessary changes and re-submit your return.  If the IRS accepts your return, you MUST wait until it has been fully processed and you receive your refund or have paid your balance due.  You will need to prepare an amended tax return on a 1040X and mail it in. You cannot e-file an amended return.  They have to be mailed, and it takes about 16 weeks for the IRS to process an amended return. In the meanwhile, DO NOT go in and make any changes to your return. 3 weeks after you mailed your amendment, you can start tracking its progress at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? site. Instructions can be found here (amending becomes available mid-February:(  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

junfengh

Also question, if I pay $29.99 for Turbotax service, will I receive immediate assistance right away? And will the service only last for a month? A year? Or forever? Thank you.