turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi,I've noticed there are 2 status updates on the Second Stimulus check-IRS error. One yesterday saying,"we are sorry our checks are still sitting at the IRS. Which is it

the 2nd update was an auto-response to me from TurboTax saying we are pleased to announce that the IRS began sending out the Second Stimulus payment, to those affected by the error, on Jan. 8th?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
HelenC12
Expert Alumni

Hi,I've noticed there are 2 status updates on the Second Stimulus check-IRS error. One yesterday saying,"we are sorry our checks are still sitting at the IRS. Which is it

If you received an email from us, your stimulus payment should be deposited in the next few days. 

Please be patient, it may take some time for your stimulus payment to be processed by your bank and show up in your account.

We understand that the IRS Get My Payment tool may not be updated for a few days. Please be patient, and check back again.

We’re doing everything we can to help customers affected by the IRS error get their stimulus payments as soon as possible.

Check the IRS Get My Payment tool to see if the IRS has a 2nd stimulus payment for you. The tool should tell you where your stimulus payment was deposited or mailed. The IRS has indicated there’s nothing you can do to change where they send your payment.

• Note: Updates may not be immediately reflected on IRS.gov, including the Get My Payment tool

Please see the following page for additional information: Why Haven’t I Received My Second Stimulus Check?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Hi Helen,

Thank you for your quick response! 🙂

I received an email, last night (01/10), from Greg Johnson- Executive Vice President & General Manager

Stating that the second stimulus payments, that ran into error,  have yet to be sent from the IRS.

However, today, TurboTax said (it was updated 17hrs ago)  something like "We are happy to inform you, payments went out from the IRS on Jan. 8th".. 

So I was just confused at which update is the TRUE update? LOL

p.s. Greg Johnson's email wasn't DIRECTLY to me. Id believe every one received that email.

Anyways, Thank you again for messaging me soo quickly! 

Very much appreciated 🙂

Here is the Turbotax blog.

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/why-havent-i-received-my-second-stimulus-check-48743/

It appears that Turbotax knows who is affected, but not everyone has had funds released.

Hi Helen,

I feel lied to by turbotax... I STILL have not received my Economic Stimulus Relief payment of $600 . It seems everyone else I know has received theirs.. 

Who can I speak to in regards to finding out what the heck happened with my account??

Very frustrated. Been patient since my last message.

Thanks.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies