eckoultd1972

Hi, I'm having trouble printing my 2016 tax return. I am only seeing three pages and not a complete file.

If it helps I have no trouble downloading and  printing  the return for 2015 tax year.  Thank you for your prompt attention with this matter.

mesquitebean

I'll tell you 3 ways to print.  If the first 2 don't have everything you need, you'll need to use the more complicated method.

Log into your account and go the 2016 Tax Timeline
Scroll to "some things you can do".   You should be able to download/print the PDF, which is a basic version "as filed."  Does that have what you need?

If the regular PDF doesn't have what you need, there should also be a link there for "download all forms and worksheets" .   Does that second larger PDF have what you need?

If not, try this alternate method which is to open the return and print from the PRINT CENTER:

• In the 2016 Tax Timeline, go to Some things you can do.
  • Choose Add a State.  (you don't really add one; that's just to get the return to open up.)
  • Once the return is open, then click on MY ACCOUNT up at the top.
  • Then choose PRINT CENTER.
  • Choose to print/save/view.  You may have a choice for a PDF "as filed" and one with "all forms and worksheets".  I usually save both.
NOTE:  Do NOT use this method to open a return to make changes to an already-filed return (one that has actually been mailed or efiled.)   If you later need to make changes, you have to go through the formal amending process, and your return must start off exactly as originally filed.

mesquitebean

Are you printing to file by mail, or printing for your records?  I can tell you several ways to print, depending on your circumstance.

Also, did you efile your returns, and have they been accepted?
eckoultd1972

Yes i efiled and it has been received already. Im looking to purchase a house so i need a copy of a completed 2016 return for my records. Had no problem with 2015 tax year.
mesquitebean

I'll leave you 3 methods below.  Please report back which one worked for you.
mesquitebean

• Then choose PRINT CENTER.
eckoultd1972

Your help was greatly appreciated thank you!
mesquitebean

You're welcome.  Good luck.