Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

odessan24

hey

I got the same thing except they took money out because i owed  on some fines. Anyways, I was set up for direct deposit also, but my letter says whatever remaining balance is still left i would receive via mail in  7 -10 business days ,however its already going on 17 business days and still nothing in mail or direct deposit idk what to do..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

hey

@we do not know what "same thing" you are referring to -- we have no context for it.  But -- TurboTax never knows if the IRS or state are seizing your refund -- or a part of it--for back taxes, child support or other debts you owed.   The IRS and/or state can take your refund or as much of it as necessary if you owe back taxes, delinquent child support or certain other debts.   They send you a letter a few weeks after that happens.   If there is still some amount of your refund that you can receive they will send it to you.   TurboTax will never know about any of that.  

You can call the IRS or state to ask.

You have not mentioned here who took your refund---the IRS or the state.

To  call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies