Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Here it is September 2022 and I still have not received my unemployment tax rebate overpayment check, when will I get it???

I got the letter back in May of 2021 saying I was still owed a refund check due to my unemployment tax exclusion how come I haven't received it yet?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Here it is September 2022 and I still have not received my unemployment tax rebate overpayment check, when will I get it???

Go to this IRS website for the status of unemployment compensation exclusion corrections - https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Status of Unemployment Compensation Exclusion Corrections: The IRS continues to review tax year 2020 returns and process corrections for taxpayers who paid taxes on unemployment compensation, to exclude the compensation from income if eligible. To date, the IRS has issued over 11.9 million refunds totaling $14.6 billion. Some taxpayers will receive refunds, while others will have the overpayment applied to taxes due or other debts. The IRS will mail a letter to affected taxpayers to inform them of the corrections, generally within 30 days from when the corrections were completed. See the 2020 Unemployment Compensation Exclusion FAQs for more information, including details on whether filing an amended return is needed.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies