turbotax icon
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask the Experts Self-Employed & Gig Workers! >> Event happening NOW!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Help with tax amendment

I need help amending return adding form 1040X
1 Reply
New Member

Help with tax amendment

If you want to file an amended tax return after IRS accepted your tax return due to a mistake or a missing document, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail.

To amend a 2016 return, follow the steps in the article below: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5114064

Manage cookies