turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

If anyone gets any type of progress please let us know this is BEYOND ridiculous 

VZ13
Level 5

HELP!!! PLEASE!!! TAX REFUND 2020 4464c letters "being processed" transcript processing date 3/2/20

@Janedoes21 

based on what i read in previous years they could take up to 15 weeks. if it gets processed between 11-13 weeks you are considered lucky. this year theres a delay. So good luck to all of us. 

FYI I  called TOPS and entered my social. It informed me of 4 debts. I had 5 debts in March. My school loan is no longer in offset. I owe a lot of money so my federal return would havent covered it. I had no income since 2017, so i filed 8379 to get my husbands portion back. MY stimulus has been approved but no date. They are depositing to my account. I entered my bank info on April 15th at 7 am MST. Ill keep every1 posted. good luck 

Nope. Absolutely nothing. Not even my stim check. Ive contacted the Tax
Advocate service. They arent answering the phones. Only option is a call
back and its been days and nothing yet. We are all screwed until the IRS
decides to do their jobs.

Dang..me too. So not cool. My friends 60 days were up and they sent her another 60 day letter. 

@VZ13 Thanks for the update is that 15 weeks from the date it was sent or from the expected 3 weeks it takes for them to “get” it? do you have the number to find out if there’s an offset and they know we need our money I haven’t had income since March so I can only imagine what you’re feeling at this moment fingers crossed and prayers up that we all see $$$ once this is over because wmr and get my payment are both saying a date will be provided when available and my 60 days were up 4/14 I just hope we don’t get another letter telling us to wait 

Still no payment or any actually helpful information. Haven't got stimulus either online it says I'm elligible but they didn't have my account info which is weird since I filled with direct deposit so I had to put it in but they haven't updated a payment date for it...probably because it's tied to the federal refund. It doesn't make sense if I'm eligible for stimulus that mean to me that they have my tax info and it's correct so why haven't I received either. They could have at least sent out letters explaining that more time was needed but this is worse it's just being left in the dark during a time when people need financial help

I have the same issue. Have you gotten an update? It's been 77 days since I got my first letter (I got about 12 of them all with different dates) and I havent heard anything and now I cant call because of covid-19....this suuuuuucks! Hoping everyone gets their money soon.

@Msagatova @You too?! And you get the same message saying it updates once daily but it seems like they just put the people who had to input their information on the back burner meanwhile even those who are getting mailed checks are getting theirs before us. At this point I’m wondering if I’m even gonna see anything at all

VZ13
Level 5

@Janedoes21 

Those who set up direct deposit will receive their payments much quicker: The committee said those who enter their direct deposit information into the Get My Payment portal by the Thursday of a given week may get their payment as soon as the following week. We've asked the IRS for clarification.

VZ13
Level 5

@Msagatova 

Those who set up direct deposit will receive their payments much quicker: The committee said those who enter their direct deposit information into the Get My Payment portal by the Thursday of a given week may get their payment as soon as the following week. We've asked the IRS for clarification.

@VZ13 Thank you that is so helpful but I surely hope it isn’t dependent on anything like if you’ve already gotten your refund or not. I know people who put in for direct deposit and still got a paper check it’s all just a headache at this point 

Got the same letter, no doesn't mess with stimulus, I received the stimulus but still no refund

I’m in the same boat y’all.... Filed electronic return and accepted by IRS on February 21.  

Received IRS LTR 4464C on March 4.  I’m SURE it’s because I earned literally HALF of what I normally earn in 2019, so they’re verifying my identity.  

60 days is up today. I MISTAKENLY thought it was 6 WEEKS, so I’ve been calling the local TAS daily for 2 weeks and leaving messages.  Nobody is calling back.

I DID get my $1200 stimulus check (direct deposit) on April 15th, coincidentally that was EXACTLY 6 weeks after I filed my return. So they obviously had to review my 2019 return to get the info.... 

I’ve been unemployed since December, I was REALLY counting on that $!  My unemployment insurance runs out this week, and I STILL haven’t received the $600/week and 13 week extension of unemployment benefits under the CARES act.  

It’s so frustrating, because between the tax refund and the retroactive $600 cares, the Federal government is holding onto approximately $11000 of MY MONEY, and I’m BROKE. 

@Adamfilipiak How long have you been waiting so far and with them reopening everything hopefully they get back to work soon I read they sent or was trying to send 10000 workers back to the office to deal with any mail they’ve received and paper returns 

@samroher And bills are steadily rolling in ...and there’s really no hope counting on a second round of ongoing stimulus payments. People really out here needing help while things are still pretty gloom I hope things begin to look up did you especially not knowing where the next dollar is coming from 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies