turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

sjanee

Hello I filed my 2018 and 2019 taxes and they told me I have to mail it and I chose direct deposit and still haven’t received anything

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

Hello I filed my 2018 and 2019 taxes and they told me I have to mail it and I chose direct deposit and still haven’t received anything

When did you mail them? did you use a method where you could track or get proof of delivery? did you mail each separately?

sjanee

I mailed them together and I thought I could track with the refund tracker 

sjanee

I mailed them earlier March I think because I filed them February 24

But did you file each year on a separate return or enter both years on the same return?

if you mailed 2 years (on separate returns) in the same envelope they will probably only process one of them and miss the other.  

WHEN did you mail it?  It will take them a long time to process a mailed return and show up on IRS Where's my refund.  What is the status of your 2020 return?  Have you done it yet?  

sjanee

I filed them on different ones and they were in different envelopes and it March 24 and I tried where’s my refund and it couldn’t tell me anything. I received my 2020 taxes return 

Yeah those won't show up on the IRS Where's my Refund.  And it will take a long time for the IRS to process mailed returns.  Like many months.  All you can do is wait and wait.

sjanee

It it possible I can try to refile and do it electronic or no 😭

No you already mailed them.  And anyway you can't efile prior year returns.

sjanee

**bleep** and when you say months how many months 😭

Only the IRS can tell you.  Check out this one, see the first question.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

The IRS isn't given timelines for mailed documents and returns, here is what their site says:  

• Mailed paper returns: Due to COVID-19, the IRS expects delays for paper returns. Usually the IRS says to allow 4 weeks before checking the status of your refund, and that refund processing can take 6 to 8 weeks from the date the IRS receives your return.
  • If you filed on paper, check Where’s my refund? If it tells you we have received your return or are processing or reviewing it, we are processing your return, but it may be under review (unlikely - they just have not entered your returns as received yet). We’re working hard to get through the backlog. Please don’t file a second tax return or contact the IRS about the status of your return.

IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue

Where’s My Tax Refund? How to Check Your Refund Status

I would allow double the times listed before attempting to contact them.   They will get processed, but it may take awhile before you are able to track it on the WMR site.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies