Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello all! I filed my amended return for the unemployment refund in april. They just started processing on the 16th. How long does it take to be mailed?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Hello all! I filed my amended return for the unemployment refund in april. They just started processing on the 16th. How long does it take to be mailed?

The IRS will automatically send the refund of tax paid - no need to amend.   You should receive it in the next few months since they are doing it in batches.   You will probably receive it long before your amended return is processed since amended returns are currently taking 6-8 months to process.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

I’m so sad to hear that. Turbo Tax is who emailed me and told me to amended . Hate it will be months 

Perhaps the unemployment credit that reduces your AGI also changes other things that depend on the AGI so you do need to amend to get other credits.

Amended returns normal take up to 16 weeks (4 months) to process, but because of the huge (19 million unprocessed returns) due to the COVID backlog, amended is currently taking 6-8 months to process.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies