turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Heads up for filing an Amended Business Return- some CA issues that you may also have in other States

I just filed an amended 565 for 2023.  When you print out the CA return to mail in, TT has omitted the "Reason for the Change" page, which is Page 5 of the IRS 1065X return.  You will need to go to the IRS PDF version of the submittal, find the Page 5 "Reasons", and separately print it out and insert it in the CA mailing.  My change was an Administrative change, maybe that is why TT missed it.

You also have no idea where to mail it.  Mail it to: Franchise Tax Board; PO Box 942857; Sacramento, CA  [removed].

Thirdly, no where does TT say if you need to sign the return by hand.  I defaulted to "yes", and re-signed the return.

Fourth, if you go through and look at the pages, there are pages in the package that you are supposed to keep for your files.  Pull those pages and don't mail them.

Finally, when you look at the pages pulled, the depreciation schedule (for me at least, maybe it is my printer settings) printed out the schedule in a portrait setting, not landscape.  You will need to go back to the electronic copy, where it is in landscape mode and print it out in landscape mode.

Hope this helps!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies