Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mhseddik

haven't received the ITIN

I applied for the ITIN for my wife March 18th 2021 and filed my federal tax return along with W7 form physically based on IRS guidelines to  the IRS office in Austin via certified mail. I also filed tax extension. I see my 2021 tax record transcript with my wife ID Hashed but 6 months so far haven't received the ITIN letter which the state is asking for it or my wife's original documents. I am unable to contact IRS via phone due to high call volume and at some point when I was able to connect I was told I cannot check the status for my wife's information. what can I do and do I have to issue a new passport for my wife and re-apply for ITIN since I cannot request IRS to send me a copy.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

View solution in original post

FAX the form 911 to get faster service. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

You may want to contact a Taxpayer Advocate in your area.  See this IRS website for Taxpayer Advocate in your area and a toll free number - http://www.irs.gov/Advocate/Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

mhseddik

Thanks for the advice. since the only way to contact TAS is via mail or phone. since the phone is another impossible way to get through, I mailed them. which was my issue in the first place which is mail communication toke more than 6 months. so probably I will have to wait for another 3 months or so to get a response about my query.

FAX the form 911 to get faster service. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies