Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone that received a rejected return ERROR code F8962-070 but was accepted by following this post or TT article "how to efile reject F8962"  actually got a DATE on WMR  OR a REFUND yet?

Has anyone that was originally rejected w/ ERROR code F8962-070 but then was accepted by following the TT article "how to efile reject F8962"  actually got a DATE on WMR  OR a REFUND yet?

I'm worried that we all were suppose to include ACA explanation instead of entering the $1 amounts because I filed 2-11-22 and credit karma still has my federal as pending but TT shows accepted. Still being processed on WMR & had NO UPDATES on transcript (prior to outage.)

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Has anyone that received a rejected return ERROR code F8962-070 but was accepted by following this post or TT article "how to efile reject F8962"  actually got a DATE on WMR  OR a REFUND yet?

@KentuckyMarried  In reading your post, if your return has been accepted by IRS, it will be rejected by Credit Karma because it will state that there has already been a return filed using the same SSN. Just wanted to make you aware of this.

As far as the workaround you used, Turbo Tax will stand by the procedure used to solve this issue.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

what does this mean? my return will be sent back to Irs and have to wait on a paper check? or can I somehow get my return deposited in my real checking account? I only used credit karma because of the possibility of a tax advance which we were denied.

I'm confused and maybe I caused some confusion.

We didn't file our taxes through credit karma only Turbo Tax. We got the reject and then applied the fix as suggested then were accepted through TurboTax. Because we wanted a tax advance we had no option but to set up a credit karma account to deposit our REFUND.   - this was a requirement. We weren't approved for the advance. With that being said CreditKarma does have a tax refund tracker on their app and it says our Federal is pending and our State as accepted. TurboTax tracker says accepted for both federal & state.

So did you think we had filed taxes through TurboTax & Credit Karma and that's why you replied that we will be rejected by CK or you saying that my refund will be rejected by CK because I fixed an initial false error on our rejected Irs return? Because I'm not sure how this would be viewed as filing twice when the IRS only accepted it one time after we applied the TT FIX.

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

No, if your return was accepted by the IRS, it will not later be rejected.  If you would attempt to file a second return (which you are saying you did not do) the second return would be rejected for duplicate use of a social security number.  It would not affect the return that was already accepted, it will not affect your refund method, it will not cause you to get a paper check, you just would not be able to push a second return through using any website.  

It is best to use the IRS Where's My Refund tool to track your refund.  Other systems update at different times, so if you go directly to the IRS site, there will be no confusion. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies