Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Has anyone received there refund with tax topic 151 ref 1242 as of yet?

Yeah especially when I called three days ago and they said and I quote. You will have your refund by the 12th of June. My husband called back yesterday to double.check and surprise surprise we get told nope.that person was wrong it could take six months. So we went and got a TA today and they said we should hear from them by wed of this coming week. So hopefully they can do something.
123cloey

Yea always different storys,, I havnt called or anything since march, guess my money comes if or when it does.

Its an audit for verifying dependents. I had the same issue and had to send in a letter from their school, attendance records, marriage license since they are my wife's kids and I have an strenuous case so I contacted a tax payer advocate and I'm suppose to get my funds released the 22 hopefully

-faxed into to ta (6/5)
-got response from ta (6/12)
-estimated deposit (6/22)

Word of advice- the IRS communicates with incompetence and does NOT care about your situation.
- the ta will most likely not care either and they just don't communicate at all. To make them move you will more than likely need to contact the Tax payer advocate hotline (google it) and get your ta's supervisor to light a fire under them.

This is your money, you worked for it. Just don't get frustrated and give up. That's what they want so you'll never see your money and only see a letter of deficiency in the mail

Its an audit for verifying dependents. I had the same issue and had to send in a letter from their school, attendance records, marriage license since they are my wife's kids and I have an strenuous case so I contacted a tax payer advocate and I'm suppose to get my funds released the 22 hopefully

-faxed into to ta (6/5)
-got response from ta (6/12)
-estimated deposit (6/22)

Word of advice- the IRS communicates with incompetence and does NOT care about your situation.
- the ta will most likely not care either and they just don't communicate at all. To make them move you will more than likely need to contact the Tax payer advocate hotline (google it) and get your ta's supervisor to light a fire under them.

This is your money, you worked for it. Just don't get frustrated and give up. That's what they want so you'll never see your money and only see a letter of deficiency in the mail

After three weeks from our first contact with our TA our case was finally closed Friday!! Should have our refund by this Friday!! Hope we never have to go through this again.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies