Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone filed simple tax return via turbo tax,paid taxes owed, had it accepted by irs ,&then found out the next year the return was filed reporting NO INCOME somehow??

Ive paid for and used turbo tax for years now and when I went to file my 2022 taxes I discovered a huge mistake or mess with my 2021 taxes that were filed via turbo tax.  I went to answer last years AGI amount therefeore I had to pull up 2021 tax rtn on turbo tax , and it said 0. Knowing this was surely a glitch, as I filed and paid federal tax owed for 2021 accordingly , I went to docs and saw my return was somehow filed with no income & no info basically, aside from the previous years taxes filled in automatically by turbo tax.  I dont see how this is even possible as I had 2 w2's for 2021, filled out both employers ID numbers and all pertinent info per ussual as I have done every year. There is no way any of this was an oversight on my part as thats impossible.  I have since started an amemdment of course so you will see that info listed which should have been the exact same info listed in the first place.  I have a copy of what turbotax filed which is the blank or 0 income version but how in the world can this sort of thing happen??  Not only that , I also paid a total of $108 for the turbotax program to file my federal and state taxes . WHy in the heck would I do that if I was reporting 0 income.  I need someone to assist asap as this is way wrong and not discovered unitl this year.  I paid $36 in federal taxes owed for 2021 somehow with the blank tax rtn filed and turns out with amended return (which I have not yet mailed in ), I owe $32 to federal.  Very close to what I actually paid claiming no income (not my error).  I also dont see how I the retiurn was accepted if it was basically blank.  Please assist asap.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Has anyone filed simple tax return via turbo tax,paid taxes owed, had it accepted by irs ,&then found out the next year the return was filed reporting NO INCOME somehow??

Maybe you have another account?  It's common to end up with multiple accounts. First LOG OUT of whatever TurboTax account you're logged into right now. Then use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of user ID's for an email address. Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used
https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery/

If you used the Desktop CD/Download program then the only copy is on your computer and not saved or stored online.

You can also request a transcript from the IRS to check what was filed.
https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies