Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Got an email saying that the AIG is incorrect but TurboTax won't let me go in and change it what do I need to do

I got an email saying that the AIG is wrong but TurboTax will not let me go in to change it

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
MicheleR

Got an email saying that the AIG is incorrect but TurboTax won't let me go in and change it what do I need to do

You will need to go into your return and choose "File" from the Menu Bar located on the lefthand side of your screen.

Once in the "File" section go to "Step 3" you will see the header "Last year's tax info".

• Next, to your name click "Edit" and then click "Continue"
  • On the next page the header will say "To e-file successfully, the IRS needs your adjusted gross income (AGI) from your 2016 tax return"
  • Choose the correct response. If you choose "I have my 2016 tax return. (Highly recommended)", click "Continue"
  • On the next screen click "OK I have my return"
  • Choose "Which tax return did you have from last year?", click "Continue"
  • The next screen will tell you where to find your 2016 AGI and you will enter your AGI in the box provided.

I entered the wrong AGI IN THE GET MY PAYMENT TRIED TO FIX BUT KEEPS SAYING WAIT 24 HOURS 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies