Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gm my name is Josephine [PII removed] my brother in law got his taxes done but someone mess it up and they let me go back and fix the right numbers

So he hasn't here anything yet what should he do

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

Gm my name is Josephine [PII removed] my brother in law got his taxes done but someone mess it up and they let me go back and fix the right numbers

Your post is not clear.  First--please do not put any personal information like your name here, because this is a public website that can be seen by anyone using the internet.

You do not mention whether your brother-in-law's tax return was prepared using TurboTax or if his return was prepared somewhere else.  You have not said how his return was "messed up."    And we do not know what you did to "go back and fix the right numbers".   Please explain exactly what happened with his original tax return and what you did later to try and fix it.  But do not put any personal information like Social Security numbers, phone numbers, etc. here.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Whoever it is ( someone) you are working with should give you a copy of the revised tax return, a Form 1040-X, and a confirmation that the person (someone) submitted an amendment for him.

Otherwise, your brother-in-law has to submit the amendment.

@josiehartzell197 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies