turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Get my 2015 return without filing 2016 return

Oh my God how do I get my 2015 return so I can fill out my FAFSA?!

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
SherryM

Get my 2015 return without filing 2016 return

If you prepared the return in desktop software (CD/download), then you are the only one who could have saved a copy of the PDF or the *.tax2015data file.   If you used that version, then search your computer for any file ending in *.tax2015 and/or the PDF file.   If you didn't save one, I'll tell you how to order a tax return transcript at the end of this post.

If you prepared the return online, however, then log into your account with the same User ID.  Go to your Tax Timeline for 2015.  Under "Some things you can do" find and see if you can view/print the PDF.  Also see:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900748-how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-in-turbotax-online

If you used TurboTax Online and don't find any 2015 returns in your account, you may have more than 1 account (user ID) and signed into the wrong one.  To get a list of your User ID's and recover accounts, you can use the tool at the link below.  If you have more than 1 email address, you should run the tool on each one.

NOTE: Before running the tool, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to:

If necessary, you can order a free transcript of a Federal return at the IRS website, which comes by postal mail in 5-10 days.
http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript

A full copy of the Federal return from the IRS costs $50 and takes several weeks

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies