Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

I filed a 1040ES/V due to a withdraw from my IRA in 2015. I keep getting vouchers for 2016, even though I do not plan on any withdraws this year. Do I do anything with these?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

You can ignore the 1040ES and shred them.  They do not get sent with your return.  They are optional.  The 1040V should be the tax due on your 2015 tax return.  You need to pay that one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

You can ignore the 1040ES and shred them.  They do not get sent with your return.  They are optional.  The 1040V should be the tax due on your 2015 tax return.  You need to pay that one.

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

I am a sole proprietor and pay quarterly taxes, but, this year I got a 1040-V form on my return.  I guess I owe the IRS.  I thought I made all my pervious payments on time.  Should I just pay what's owed according to my 1040-V and NOT pay the regular voucher that says it's due tomorrow (it is a lesser amount)?  Thank you!

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

You probably should pay both.  Or you will underpay for next year's tax return and may owe a penalty.

Form 1040-ES/V 2016 ?

Thank you, VolvoGirl.  I appreciate the very quick reply!  I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do so :(    Do you know why I would have received this?  I've never had one before.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies