turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I print the Its Deductible worksheets. These are stored on my computer, not in the cloud.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

11 Replies

How do I print the Its Deductible worksheets. These are stored on my computer, not in the cloud.

Please explain more.   Did you enter your ItsDeductible items at the ItsDeductible website, or did you use the built-in ItsDeductible applet that is inside the TurboTax program when preparing a return?

What tax year are you referring to?   And if you are referring to entries in TurboTax, did you use Online TurboTax or the desktop TurboTax (CD/download)?

I bought the CD for 2018 and used the program that is part of the CD, so the Its Deductible entries (mostly for Goodwill donations) are stored in my computer, not in the cloud.   I hope that this is sufficient clarification.

Here's how to view/print the charity donation worksheets in desktop TurboTax, which should have a list of your ItsDeductible-valued entries that were entered directly into the TurboTax program.

• Go into Forms Mode.  You can do that by either clicking the Forms icon in the upper right corner, or you can use the top menubar and click on VIEW then FORMS.
  • Once in Forms Mode, in the left column will be the list of forms and worksheets currently in your return.  Each charity worksheet will be listed as  "Charitable Org (your charity)", such as "Charitable Org (Goodwill.")   Click to display the worksheet.
  • On that worksheet the first section is just a summary.   Scroll down a bit to the area "ItsDeductible Item Donation Worksheet", and it should show a list of your items and values.
  • If you want to print the worksheet, you should see a Print button underneath the form.    It will come up first as a "preview" in a temporary PDF, and you can print from that temporary PDF, or you can save a PDF of the worksheet if you wish.   
  • Be careful with the printed or saved worksheet since it will have your SSN on it.

@peterfox88
I added additional info to the steps above.  If you were emailed the original answer, please return to the forum to see the full info.

First, many thanks for your message.  I followed the steps you set out and,  when I clicked to display the preview of the PDF, receive an error message reading:  "Error: Could not load SkuMap".

Hmm... I can't reproduce any error.    So you are at least able to view the worksheet and see your ItsDeductible entries in the Forms view window, correct?

Do you get the same error if you do this?  While viewing the worksheet in Forms Mode, go to the top left corner in the top menubar and choose FILE then PRINT.   It will bring up the same print center box.  That might not make any difference, but it's easy to try.

If you get the same error when trying to print that way, see if you can save the temporary PDF of the charity worksheet.   Under the worksheet click on PRINT, then choose the button "Save as PDF."     Then once the PDF is saved (if successful),  browse with File Explorer to the saved PDF and open it in your PDF viewer (most likely Adobe Reader),  and see if you can print from that.    Or do you get the same error when you choose to save as a PDF?

Please report back with your results.

When I go to file and then "preview" it prints the detailed itemization, which gives me what I want to have for my records in the unlikely event that I am audited. Thank you so much for all of your efforts.

So you were able to print it OK that way?  i.e., is it only when you use the PRINT button that's underneath the form in Forms Mode that you got that "could not load SkuMap" error?   In any case, I'm glad you got what you needed.

I entered in the It' deductible website.

nburen
Returning Member

The answer says to use the print button under the form.  There is no print button under the form.

How do I print a list of the charitable items I entered directly into Turbo Tax?

nburen
Returning Member

Never mind.  I figured it out.

Use the "Print Active Form" function under the File menu

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies