Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Filing your taxes late 2018

I had to wait for my W2 to be corrected befire filing my taxes. Due to wrong social security number. 

I filed electronically on Sept 28th and was accepted. How can i talk to a live person to see if my taxes were taken by my Studen loan?

1 Reply
Level 15

Filing your taxes late 2018

this is an easy  do it yourself job 

You can contact the agency with which you have a debt to determine if your debt was submitted for a tax refund offset or you may call BFS's TOP call center at (800) 304-3107.  If your debt was submitted for offset, BFS will reduce your refund as needed to pay off the debt and send it to the agency you owe. Any portion of your remaining refund after offset is issued in a check or direct deposited as originally requested on the return.

Please see link below for more information