rpetr

Filing Status - 2020 Return

I had to file my return this year by mail this year because multiple efiling attempts were rejected.  I filed the return in the second week of April 2021.    I haven't been able to find out if the return was even accepted by the IRS (I do have a USPS receipt that it was received).  I attempted to use the various IRS tools to find out my return's status but cannot find any information.  Any thoughts on where to turn?

Filing Status - 2020 Return

All you can do is sit tight and wait ... when they finally get around to opening up your envelope and entering it in the system the WMR? tool will not have anything  to report ... check once a week until you see it is in the system.  Sadly mailed in returns this  year could take 4 to 6 months to process ... possibly longer. 

Filing Status - 2020 Return

rpetr

Filing Status - 2020 Return

Thanks for your quick response.  It's what I assumed was happening.